Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Apple Cider Vinegar

Dandruff. I get or should I say use to get a lot of it. Specially when I got pregnant... OMG my hormones dried up my face and scalp like crazy and just getting out of the shower I'd already have dry flakes. It was so embarrasing. Specially because it was right at my hairline. So I researched for natura ways to treat it. I was specifically scared because I didn't want any chemicals going on/in my body that could potentially hurt my baby. So somewhere in the interweb I read that apple cider vinegar can be used to treat dandruff and dry skin. So I went ahead and tried it and in fact it worked. I can't remember the exact recipe because somewhere along the way I just decided to tweak it. So what I do is put two capfulls of ACV into my shampoo bottle every month and shake. It has worked wonders. I no longer have that nasty dry hairline with flakes all over. Yay! Another plus that I've noticed is that it has given me such a nice shine as well. I shampoo my hair twice a week and while showering apply the shampoo twice. The first time helps remove all the grime and grease and the second brings out the shine. My hair doesn't fall out either. Which was a huuuuuuge problem for me... specifically because of PCOS, but right now it doesn't. Now.... I don't want to swear 100% that it's because of the ACV, because it very well could be the pregnancy, BUT I will say that I didn't do this for almost half my pregnancy and although pregnant my hair would fall out, be dry, and my dandruff was out of control. So who knows. But it's worth a try.

The only con to the ACV is it's smell. It doesn't smell good at all, but that's nothing a little body spray can't fix. lol

They also say ACV is good for a million other things like using as a toner on face, helping you lose weight, whitening teeth, lower cholesterol, etc. Isn't that awesome?!? 

Any who, who'se tried ACV and been successful with it? Any additional tips/recipes on how to use it?

No comments:

Post a Comment