Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday

I woke up today at around 7a.m. I wanted to stay in, but the sun rays were pouring through my window and I remembered we had planned a hike to Solstice Canyon today. So I got up and woke the hubby up. We got the pups and headed out. 

We got to the canyon at around 9a.m. and the lot was already full, but luckily there was a family of 3 cars leaving. SCORE! Ha! 

We headed up the "Sunrise Trail" because I knew it would get hot early on and did not want to be facing the sun on our way back. It was the best decision ever. It was somewhere in the high 60's but sunny.  We hadn't gone hiking in a while, so I was afraid my shins would start acting out. I felt a little discomfort at first because we started pretty steep, but got through it and was able to continue without a glitch. 

The pups were the cutest. I am truly shocked at how Precious, my shih-tsu did. She was a trooper. Leo on the other hand got moody toward the end. It was quite funny. 

The hike was nice, relaxing, peaceful, and a great workout. I'm excited to rediscover our love for hiking. Once we reached the bottom of the trail we found ourselves at the old ranch. I remembered the statue of the Virgin Mary was around here, but the trail leading to it was completely covered. Luckily, we found it. I think a lot of people had no idea it was there. 

We sat in the shade just relaxing for a good 15 minutes. It was true peacefulness. Then we headed out for about a mile. All in all, it was a great hike. A beautiful day in LA.








After the hike, we headed out and stopped by the beach. It was an amazingly beautiful and warm day out. The view as always took my breath away. 


Later on that evening we decided to splurge and go out to eat. We went to CPK. We got our usual, a hawaiian pizza with canadian bacon, a caesar salad with grilled chicken, and a dessert. This time we opted to get the white corn guacamole and OMG it was to die for delicious! I want some now! For dessert we got the tiramisu. Again, superb. 


All in all, we had a good day and night. I know that lately life has been tough on us, but I have faith that in the end things will work out. I know that my Angel is looking out for her mama and papa and we're not gonna let her down. I'll take these good days any time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment