Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Two Week Check-Up

So after the past trying week we've been experiencing, I was so looking forward to this doctor's appointment. And Alejandro did very well. Contrary to all my worries thinking something had to be wrong because of his screaming and crying, Alejandro is just a normal baby. He passed his check up with flying colors. Mommy and daddy sure felt proud. He grew an inch and gained almost two whole pounds! I knew he grew! I saw this before my eyes! LOL.

I asked the doctor a gazillion questions and she agreed that it may be either a growth spurt or colic, but she said it's temporary and he'll outgrow it soon enough. She said that as newborns so much is happening too fast that it's overwhelming for the baby as well. She recommended that we continue to nurture him by spending as much skin to skin contact, making sure he feels loved and protected.

So we're just glad it's nothing serious. Baby boy is 100% healthy and loved :)



In the meantime, time to keep up the hugs and kisses with lots of love and PATIENCE. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment